Thursday, May 14, 2015

Au Revoir!

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Oh boo!  It’s our last time to laissez les bon temps roulez!!  Sleep is overrated and I’ve got lots to do before we meet downstairs.  I copy Jackie’s CDs into iTunes and finish yesterday’s blog post text and pack and dress and head downstairs.  I haven’t heard from anyone but I figure the parlor is where we’ll all wind up and I can get coffee there!

Paul is the first to appear.  He’s already had a brisk walk and breakfast!!  Bill is next;  he’s already moved the car and fixes coffee to take upstairs to Jackie!  What a man! I have plenty of time to export photos and add them to the blog and I even check my mail before my battery goes belly up!

We load our luggage into the car and notice how much easier that is without Norah and Chris’s bags!  Then we head across the street to have something to eat.  It’s after eleven, so it has to be lunch.  I have the NOLA philly sandwich but it’s enormous, so half of it gets wrapped up for dinner on the plane.  Goodness knows there won’t be any other food on either plane!




We’re off to the Live Oak for one last hug and kiss with Clare but when we arrive there is a change of plans.  Clare’s phone has taken a header and she needs to drop it off at the fixer man.  Then we’ll all reconvene at Maya’s where Clare and Helena can have a sort-of leisurely lunch before returning to the café for more personnel interviews.  There's a ton of traffic and the construction doesn't help, so Bill chooses another  route and that allows us to see some more of the amazing New Orleans architecture.  Jackie teaches us about shotgun and double shotgun houses and shotguns with camelbacks! 






We get to the cafe a bit before the girls so Amy and I check out the little shop across the street.  When I call to check the girls are just walking in the door, so we scoot across the street.  Bill has gone down the block to see the Alligator Museum! Some of us are too stuffed to eat and others are so hungry that they can finish their orders before we have to leave for the airport!









 Last good-byes to the girls and a stop for gas before we look for Louis Armstrong Airport.  It’s direction by consensus, and we make it anyway!  I’m actually through security and at my gate right at the time I was hoping for!  And the rest of the troops will have plenty of time to return the rental car and get back for their flight that leaves an hour after mine.

I have time to plug in my laptop, export photos and write!  I’m up to date and barring any unforeseen circumstances, this should be the final NOLA entry!  The second leg of my trip should arrive in Tampa around 10:30 and Stu and Amanda will pick me up at TPA, coming straight from their Wednesday night swing-dancing date night and we’ll all go home and crash Thanks for coming!!


p.s.  The flight didn’t actually land until around eleven;  but Stu and Amanda were having a great time and were happy to stay an extra half hour!  Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. I just now read your blog about NOLA. WOW! When we finally get to NOLA together (Michael has never been, and I've only been a couple of times, in 1978 and 1980), we want YOU to be our tour guide. Your pictures are as amazing and wonderful as your words. Thank you for sharing so much and inspiring me to find some time to go. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself! We did, too! I heartily recommend that you and Michael go exploring in NOLA and start with breakfast or lunch at the Live Oak Cafe!! And don't miss the Backstreet Museum!

      Delete